There is something so relaxing and magical about going camping. But going on a camping trip doesn’t mean jumping into the car and heading out into the wilderness – unless you’re a survivalist or daredevil! For most, camping requires a whole lot of packing and thinking ahead.
One major thing you don’t want to leave the house without is your camping equipment. After all, catching a fish in the nearby lake might be incredibly satisfying, but it means little if you can’t cook it.
Whether you’re planning on catching dinner or bringing along some favorite foods to heat up over a campfire, you need the right campfire cooking tools in your arsenal. The good news is, we have come up with the top campfire cooking equipment to consider adding to your campfire gear. These campfire cooking tools will change the way you eat camp food forever.
Carry on reading or jump straight to our number #1 pick here.
- What Should I Look For When Buying Campfire Cooking Equipment?
- Here’s How We’ve Determined the Best Campfire Cooking Equipment
- #1: Coleman Gas Camping Stove (Grilling Stove)
- #2: Lodge Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 8 Quart (Biggest Dutch Oven)
- #3: Stansport Cast Iron 6 Piece Cookware Set (Highly Rated Campfire Cooking Equipment Set)
- #4: Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking (Top-Rated Tripod)
- #5: Portable Outdoor Utensil Kitchen Set-9 Piece Cookware Kit (Must-Have Accessories)
- Verdict: Your Best Campfire Cooking Equipment
What Should I Look For When Buying Campfire Cooking Equipment?
Although it’s not an extensive list to abide by, there are still a few key things to keep in mind when buying campfire cooking equipment. We have listed the top 4 things to keep in mind during your search.
Criteria #1: Do you really need it?
“Less is more” is typically the general idea when it comes to camping. So, before buying a brand new set of pots and pans, decide whether you really need it. If you have a reliable dutch oven already, then you might want to stick with that or spend some money on a brand-new dutch oven you can rely on.
Criteria #2: How heavy is it?
Another thing you want to avoid is adding too much weight to your camping equipment. Pay attention to the item’s weight when deciding whether or not you want to purchase. A large grill might be great for a long camping trip, but an overnight excursion might not need the extra poundage.
Criteria #3: How much does it cost?
One thing to consider is how much the item costs. Do you want to splurge on the cast iron cookware? Or do you really need utensils for grilling up hot dogs? It’s up to you how you spend your money, but always keep your budget in mind. A lot of these items end up qualifying for extra savings, though, such as free shipping.
Criteria #2: Is it durable?
Being in the great outdoors, your valued items are at the mercy of the elements. This includes things like nature and wildlife. Plus, it will likely end up on something a lot sharper or jagged than at home if you drop something. With that said, always make sure you’re buying camping cooking equipment that can withstand the elements. It should be durable enough to take on anything – just like you.
Here’s How We’ve Determined the Best Campfire Cooking Equipment
We want to make sure that you have the absolute best camping experience possible. With that in mind, we looked high and low for top-of-the-line camping cooking tools that will take your experience to the next level. We paid attention to all of the different features and customer reviewers when deciding which items made our top cooking campfire equipment list.
#1: Coleman Gas Camping Stove (Grilling Stove)
Unless you are super savvy at creating a campfire, you might struggle with putting food on the table. That’s where a stove comes into play. Having a portable grill will ensure no issues when it comes to cooking up a hot meal. Plus, it’s beneficial to have when camping somewhere that a campfire might be difficult to obtain, such as by the beach.
We recommend the Coleman Gas Camping Stove when it comes to the best-of-the-best campfire grill. Here’s why.
- 20,000 BTUs. Whether you’re cooking morning bacon and grits or nighttime hot dogs, you can rest assured you can use this campfire grill to handle the workload. This camp kitchen stove puts out 20,000 BTUs to take on all of your favorite meals.
- Two adjustable burners. Two burners mean double the fun. Don’t settle for a single dish when you can have two. These great burners are also entirely adjustable, giving you complete control over the temperature when in use.
- Wind-blocking panels. These shields ensure that wind doesn’t compromise your dishes while in use.
- Pressure-control technology. With this added element, you can feel confident that your dishes will always come out consistently. This grill can take on even the most extreme weather conditions without showing any lack in performance.
- One hour runtime. Grill it up! While this grill can’t work over an open fire, that doesn’t mean it lacks functionality. This grill works for up to 1 hour using 16.4 ounces of propane.
What can we say? Customers loved this grill and found it to be incredibly reliable. It is the go-to for campers who don’t want to worry about an open fire, yet still want some incredible cooking while out in the wild.
Tip: If you’re looking for a grill that you can use over a campfire, consider the Camp Chef Lumberjack Over Fire Grill 36″ instead. This grill works over a campfire without problems, and many reviewers rave over how well the Camp Chef product works.
Bonus Buy: If you’re looking for something that can be used as a wood fire stove, then get the Camping Stove – Portable Outdoor Wood Burning Folding Camp Stove. This is a unique stove because it can work with wood and create a fire to cook all of your food favorites.
#2: Lodge Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 8 Quart (Biggest Dutch Oven)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
When you think of campfire cooking equipment, one tool should come to mind – a dutch oven. Dutch ovens are necessary for creating delicious dinners while out in nature. As far as dutch ovens are concerned, we highly recommend the Lodge Deep Camp, 8 Quart. It comes with all of the features necessary for a stellar camping trip, including the following.
- A whopping 8 quarts of cooking space. When you’re cooking over an open fire, you want to make sure you have a great way to cook all of your must-have dishes. More importantly, you need enough room. Well, this one has plenty of space to feed a crowd.
- Versatility with a flanged lid. These dutch ovens are also incredibly unique. They come with a flanged lid that holds hot coals. It can invert to use as a griddle. This opens up a wider range of recipes to keep your belly full and your energy levels high for the adventure.
- Pre-seasoned. This campfire cooking equipment comes entirely pre-seasoned. What does this mean for the campers? No need to bring along pre-seasonings like oil or butter. This cookware comes with soy-based vegetable oil that gets better over time.
- Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 Cookbook and tips included. Not everyone is savvy when it comes to campfire treats. If you need a little help whipping up some yummy meals, then have no fear – this oven comes with a handy cookbook with tips to ensure you make the most out of the trip.
Customers loved this oven, one customer saying, “A wonderful Way to Cook.” It can be used over your campfire with ease. Plus, it’s large and versatile, so making a wide variety of meals is a cinch. Overall, this is the cooking campfire equipment you definitely want in your arsenal.
Tip: If you’re looking for solely a skillet rather than an oven like this one, then consider the Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned with Silicone Hot Handle Holder, 10.25 Inch. This wonderful skillet comes pre-seasoned and ready to roll. Plus, it’s easy to cook and clean on the cast iron skillet surface.
#3: Stansport Cast Iron 6 Piece Cookware Set (Highly Rated Campfire Cooking Equipment Set)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
Sure, we all know dutch ovens are a great way to stay full when you’re on a camping trip. But what about those who want more versatility with cooking? If you like to have options for cooking over a campfire, the Stansport Cast Iron 6 Piece Set is a good option. Let’s take a closer look at the details.
- Made with high-quality, heavy-duty cast iron. When it comes to superior campfire cooking tools, you want cast iron. Why? Because cast iron can handle high heat and distributes heat efficiently. Plus, using the lid on top of the heavy-duty cast iron cookware will ensure that all your foods stay moist and succulent every time.
- Comes with 6 different campfire cooking tools. Inside this must-have pack of campfire cooking equipment, you will find a 10-inch frying pan, 3-quart chicken fryer, a 10-inch dutch oven, and a cast-iron hot handle holder. With a variety pack like this, you even get the option of using a Dutch-style oven.
- Keeps food warmer. Not everyone likes to eat at the same time. Well, that’s no issue when it comes to this set of pots and pans. It’s not like an ordinary kitchen pot or pan. Instead, it has the ability to keep food warmer thanks to the cast iron design.
- Easy to clean. Again, cast iron comes into play as being highly beneficial. Being made entirely of cast iron, each pot and pan is incredibly easy to clean, and you can take off leftover food effortlessly. This is imperative when you’re out in nature and only have a camp kitchen that doesn’t come with a dishwasher.
Overall, customers were overly satisfied to find this cast iron 6-piece cookware set. It is a highly reliable set that can be used over the campfire with ease. This equipment got so many high reviews and positive stars, it was impossible to find any negative comments.
#4: Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking (Top-Rated Tripod)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
If you’re looking for usable campfire cooking equipment that will make your camping life instantly easier, then consider buying a campfire tripod. A campfire cooking tripod, like the Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking, is guaranteed to make your life easier. Here’s why people love it.
- Three-leg design. This campfire tripod (obviously) comes with the traditional, three-leg design that ensures the product’s overall sturdiness and stability. This means fewer worries when you’re cooking over the campfire!
- Heavy-duty construction. Most people know how incredibly reliable and strong steel is, and that’s why this product is so highly rated. It’s made with this material to ensure it can last almost a lifetime.
- Works over a fire with ease. Cooking over fire could not be any more perfect. Thanks to the steel, three-legged design, cooking directly over a fire is a cinch.
- Can hold a variety of campfire cooking tools. This campfire tripod is adaptable to various favorite appliances, including dutch ovens, coffee pots, and teapots. It can even hold a lantern and clothing when needed.
There’s not much more to say about this tripod. It’s reliable and makes the perfect camping companion. Why? Because it can hold many appliances and is definitely reliable. Plus, it’s straightforward to use and can work with a wide range of open flames. For example, it can work with a campfire, fire pit, or sunken fire – versatility at its finest. No wonder this tripod got so many perfect reviews!
#5: Portable Outdoor Utensil Kitchen Set-9 Piece Cookware Kit (Must-Have Accessories)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
I don’t know about you, but trying to flip my meat when it’s cooking in a high heat pan sounds like a nightmare. Even trying to check a slab of meat cooking on a skilled is impossible without the right accessories. Well, that’s why we added the Portable Outdoor Utensil Kitchen Set-9 Piece Cookware Kit to our list of must-have campfire cooking list. Here are more reasons why.
- Made entirely of stainless steel. Steel equals quality. If you’re looking for a good pack of utensils that will ensure you can flip and check meat without worries, then consider these utensils. Take them on all of your camping excursions, and you will be glad you did.
- Comes entirely organized. The organization is key when it comes to holding utensils. Why? Because think about trying to carry around 9 pieces of good equipment. Forget about it! This utensil pack comes complete with a carrying case, making it super portable and convenient.
- Comes with a variety of cook tools. Inside the portable bag, you will find everything you need to take care of your campfire meats. This pack ensures you get all the essentials, including a spatula, spoon, fork, Chef knife with sheath, paring knife, peeler, scissors with bottle opener, and a pair of tongs. As a bonus, it comes with a cutting board to ensure you have a place to chop your meat when it’s done in the skillet.
This was another product that had an incredible amount of positive reviews. People said it was “Perfect for camping, hiking, grilling and picnicking.” So, whether you’re using pans on top of an open wood fire or using a skillet over a grill, you can rest assured you’re able to cook like a pro. Plus, the pack is extremely portable and can go wherever you go!
Verdict: Your Best Campfire Cooking Equipment
It can be hard to find which campfire tools are right for you, but we are here to make it easy. Below, we have highlighted our top 5 products in easy sentences that may help you make the right purchase.
If you want a good grill that you can use without needing a campfire, get the Coleman Gas Camping Stove (Grilling Stove).
If you want an extra-large Dutch-style oven to cook almost anything, get the Lodge Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 8 Quart.
If you want a pack of different pans to cook with, get the Stansport Cast Iron 6 Piece Cookware Set.
If you need a reliable tripod that can work over a fire with ease and cook just about anything, then get the Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking.
Don’t forget the utensils! If you need some reliable and durable utensils to help you cook, whether you’re over an open fire or using a grill, then get the Portable Outdoor Utensil Kitchen Set-9 Piece Cookware Kit.